I was seriously craving chocolate on this rainy day, and I found the perfect recipe! Chocolate-covered Katie’s Fudge Daddy Brownies were the perfect chocolaty treat to tame my unruly sweet tooth.
When I first saw the recipe, I was intrigued to say the least. Tofu and applesauce? Um, ew. As I was blending the ingredients, I started to worry about the outcome even more, but oh my goodness, people. These brownies are heavenly.
Here’s the recipe:
Fudge Daddy Brownies
(Makes 8 brownies)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup ww pastry flour (or white, or you can try spelt or gluten-free option)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp soft tofu or mori-nu firm or lite firm
- 1/3 cup applesauce (use only 1/4 cup if using 3tbsp oil)
- 1 to 3 tbsp oil (I used Coconut oil, but Conola can be used.)
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional: chocolate chips!
Combine dry ingredients, and mix very well. In a blender, combine wet ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour wet over dry and stir, then pour into a 4×6 oiled pan (or double the recipe and use an 8×8). Cook for 12-18 minutes at 325 F. (chocolatecoveredkatie.com)
*I doubled the recipe and kept them in the oven for about 20 minutes. I used a toothpick to see if they were cooked all the way!
These rich little brownies have approximately 100 calories and 2g of fat a piece. They are perfect to share with friends (and they’ll never guess what they’re made of!)
For more nutritional info click here.
Let me know what you think, along with other crazy recipes to try!
Have a happy day!